Takes preventive measures to prevent corruption and enforce law by detecting and prosecuting persons who commit corruption crimes through the Anti-Corruption Prosecution team. To deliver assigned tasks, the PACC is authorised to:
- Keep financial disclosures.
- Investigate suspected corruption crimes committed by persons subject to provisions of the relevant Law.
- Develop the general anti-corruption policy.
- Receive reports, circulars, and complaints in relation to corruption crimes.
- Prosecute any person who violates provisions of the Anti-Corruption Law and carry out necessary investigations.
- Liaise with competent authorities to track, seize and restore properties arising from corruption cases, summon and hear witnesses, and request any files, statements or documents from agencies that possess them.
- Dissolve or suspend operations of any juridical entity, including companies, associations and the like. Properties of such corporate bodies will be liquidated in case a relevant member, representative or employee commits a corruption crime.
- Set corruption cases in motion.